Monday, August 11, 2008

I am blessed

Little things can make you feel blessed, and then bigger things come along and confirm it! Last week was a nice one for our family. E was in a mood where she regularly came up and hugged and kissed me, told me I was the best mom in the world, and such. D was appreciative of all the neat stuff we did in school and I loved seeing his eagerness to learn and do special things. Then on Sunday at church the guest pastor invited people to stand up and acknowledge people who really made a difference in their life. As usual in a crowd, only a handful of people ventured out to speak. One was my sweet husband. There was an audible "awww" from the wives in the service (and tears from me) as he stood up to say how thankful he was for me. And even though I wasn't at the next service, my friend EN (whose kids I kept for a week in June) got up to thank me and my husband.

Wow. I am humbled and thankful and blessed that I can and do make a difference. For the last month or so I have been pondering how I can make a bigger impact with a service or mission project, and this helps reinforce the feeling that I need to take another step forward. Let me pass it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! God is really using you and it is wonderful that those around you see that.

You have inspired me to be more creative with homeschooling and to try again to make things fun.

I'm looking forward to your next mission opportunity.