I had a meeting at church last night and brought layered bean dip, chips, and apples for the kids to eat. I fixed a plate for each of them and went to the meeting in the next room. Both came to ask for more chips, which I got for them. I didn't see the kids again until the meeting was over. When I went to get them, E immediately confessed that she'd eaten more chips without asking. I looked at the bags (I'd brought the remains of two bags) and BOTH bags were nearly empty!!!!!!!! D admitted to having a few, and I'm sure the other child with them had some, too. However, that was a LOT of chips for even three kids! On the way home E complained that her belly hurt -- surprise surprise.
I learned that I can't trust my kids to leave them alone with a food as tempting as chips. They learned through consequences (losing gum privilege, no chips for awhile) that they better not do that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment