When we got home from church today, I could see part of Rosie (our golden) outside but she didn't get up to watch us pull in. Went inside, out the back door, and she didn't even turn to look. I called her name, clapped. She didn't know I was there until I got down the steps and touched her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fine yesterday, deaf today.
We went for her annual check up on Friday and the vet found a yeast infection in her ears. I put the drops in on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Started to wonder if she'd been deaf longer than I realized, if it was the yeast infection.... Then it hit me --- what about the medication?? So I looked at the info in the package, and sure enough, it can cause deafness in geriatric dogs!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to the emergency vet and both ear drums are ruptured.
We'll go to our regular vet tomorrow, as we still need to treat the yeast infection.
And we will pray for healing for our sweet girl. She is agitated -- I can tell she can't figure out what is up since she can't hear. Good news is that she knows sign language for basic commands that we taught her as a pup. But she has to be looking at us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment