Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lego Contest

I got an email this week from Hobby Town saying that they were having a Lego contest on Saturday. Daniel is always creating something with his, so I asked if he wanted to enter.

We took his creation in today, a house of his own design -- and he won 1st prize in the 6-8 year old category. (There were more entries in this age group than any other, too!) He prize was the Lego Torch seen in the photo (the large Lego man with lights in his legs.)

I cried happy tears. A few years ago Emily placed 3rd in an art contest. Now Daniel got recognized for his building creativity and favorite hobby. It is such a blessing to see your children's gifts showing up, and acknowledged, at an early age!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JMH and fellow person of faith.
I'm a follower of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach (Christ Jesus) & new to blogger.
my blog is going to be work for me and I greatly value your support.
please leave a comment & any advise you may have.
also as this is my work please click on the ads which will help to support me in my work.
ps my favourite verses of Scripture are Isaiah 40 v 28-31
& James 3 13 living a life in wisdom
thank you & bless you & all,
shalom,
Robert~

Heidi said...

Congrats D! That is awesome. So cool that you can build stuff like that. I love watching C & D build with their legos and see what they come up with. I'm so proud of you!