Monday, August 8, 2011

More Camp

Last week Daniel and Emily went to afternoon pottery camp at Cheekwood, another excellent program. They learned all about throwing clay, making designs, wheel speed ... making something out of nothing. We cannot pick up their creations yet as they must be fired in a kiln. Can't wait to see them!

Daniel was followed around by the youngest kid in the class (younger than the age limit, so why he was allowed in I do not know) who claimed he was his best friend ever. He was hit repeatedly by a girl, and I had to explain that this meant she liked him. I could not explain WHY girls this age do that to express affection, but he found the meaning to be true. He listened to a boy who would rather play video games than go to church for 3 hours on Sunday.

Emily was a little evangelist, inviting her friend (who lives an hour away from us) to church, telling her about God, and giving her a Bible.

Perhaps the seeds will grow in others because of what was planted by the words of my children. I can only hope!

Both kids had discussions about


No comments: