This morning Rosie sniffed out the lair of our resident raccoon family for the first time. I didn't think much of it.

This afternoon we looked out the window to see the mother peeking out very cautiously. After watching her go in and out, in and out, we realized that she was trying to coax her kits to follow her, but they weren't cooperating. 

She finally carried one out and wandered off into the woods with it. We waited anxiously for her to come back for the rest, wondering what other safe spot she had in mind for the new den. She came back around 10 minutes later and carried out another kit. Came back again, pulled out one, and another followed her. I guess the last one didn't want to be left by him/herself and that was enough to make him/her come along!
I got some neat photos and video. We will miss watching them come out in the evenings. :(

1 comment:
This was so interesting! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment