... by a fishhook while fishing with friends. At first I thought it was just caught in her hair, but the sight of the hook in her ear, with the dead worm, lure, and line was gross! Good news is that it there aren't many blood vessels in the that part of the ear so it didn't bleed much. We got wire cutters to clip off the worm, but I could not get it out either way because the barb was stuck in there. I was hurting Emily so much I knew I couldn't do it myself. She was upset about going to the E.R. as she'd never been.

Our friend's father-in-law was kind enough to drive us so I could sit in the back of the car with Emily. Daniel stayed behind with friends and subsequently caught six fish (see below) and quite enjoyed himself!
I felt very covered by prayer because I knew the friends left behind were praying for us. It brought me great peace.
The E. R. was great. Friendly people, doctor with an excellent bedside manner, room with a TV. Emily clutched the remote and watched shows. She was very brave. The numbing shots worked great, and the doc got it out with only a small cut around the barb. We kept the hook and hospital arm band as souvenirs.

We went back to the pond and played an hour. Then we got Sonic drinks and pizza for dinner. I helped Emily bathe, and let her sleep with me, but told her the special treatment was over in the morning!
1 comment:
Oh my! It looks like some kind of strange piercing.
Doesn't visiting the hospital make you so grateful for healthy kids!
Post a Comment