Friday, April 1, 2011
Day Eight Pre-Dawn: Overnight Adventure
What a night! Eddie & I both had earplugs in so we could sleep. However, I woke up about 12:15 to the sound of our hotel room door opening, a man's voice, and then a light in the main room! With blurry vision (no contacts in) I could see someone standing in our room and began screaming, "Get out of our room! Get out of our room!" Eddie woke up, jumped up, and ran into the other room, slipping on the tile floor, after whoever it was! I followed him into the main room as he chased the man into the hall. I found the room key still in the door, for 201, when ours was 301. Handed it to Eddie, who, still in his underwear, kept talking with two women who were with the guy (Sorry, he's drunk) a hotel employee (Sorry for the inconvenience,) and the guy himself (You scared me!) Uh -- you scared me, too!!! I start laughing before Eddie even gets back into the room. I consider that individual room keys have probably been an illusion all along and wonder if we should pack our bags. We replay the scene again and again and laugh and giggle. And don't really get much good sleep the rest of the night..... In the morning Eddie goes to talk to the hotel manager, who explains that when the room key to 201 was lost employees replaced it with the master housekeeping key. This is confirmed when I ask Chris if I can try his key in our door and it doesn't fit. Chris is in the room next door and we ask if he heard the disturbance last night and give him grief for not coming to our aid. He explains that he heard noise over his ipod ear buds but thought only, "Be quiet and go to bed."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment